Every platform understands the urgency to onboard its users as quickly and effectively as possible to get high conversions.
If you’re considering Usetiful as your choice for user onboarding software, but still want to dig a little deeper to see other options, this guide will help you see the pros and cons.
We’ve gathered pricing information, G2 ratings, and the advantages and disadvantages experienced by real customers using Capterra and G2, on Usetiful alternatives to give you the full picture.
What is a digital adoption platform?
Digital Adoption Platforms (DAPs) are software platforms designed to help companies improve the adoption and usage of digital tools for their users.
The goal of DAPs is to enhance user experience, increase productivity, and make sure that users can effectively use all the features and functionalities that platforms provide.
Benefits of using onboarding software solutions
- Increase adoption rates: DAPs help ensure a higher adoption rate of new software applications by providing users with the necessary guidance and support, reducing resistance to change.
- Reduce support tickets: DAPs can significantly decrease the number of helpdesk tickets and support requests as users can find answers to their queries within the application.
- Accelerate onboarding time: DAPs accelerate the time it takes for organizations to realize the benefits of their software investments by ensuring rapid user adoption.
Usetiful: User-Friendly onboarding platform
Usetiful is a DAP that helps employees and users onboard platforms.
The tool is cloud-based and offers a range of onboarding tools: Product tours, Checklists, Smart tips, Banners, Knowledge base, Surveys & NPS, and Demos.
Usetiful reviews in a nutshell:
- Praised for ease of use
- Friendly customer support
- Can be limited in terms of high levels of customization.
(Image source: Usetiful)
Pros of Usetiful
We’ve researched client reviews to deliver the best real advantages users feel when using the Usetiful.
Here’s what they have to say:
- Great pricing options: Usetiful is one of the few platforms that offer a continuous free monthly plan. However, it does come with limitations like the free plan doesn’t offer checklists, segmentation, or analytics. While other solutions offer free trials, Usetiful does have the lowest starting price point.
- Easy creation and integration: Users are strong advocates of how easy it is to create tours and implement them on their websites.
- User-friendly Interface: Users note that the interface is easy to navigate and use without coding or development knowledge.
Considerations to keep in mind
Yes, Ustiful is a no-code and has plenty of resources to help you integrate it with your platform. But, from reviews, it does seem a bit more challenging compared to other no-code solutions.
Implementing Usetiful does require time to find the right documentation in the help center and knowledge base.
What does this mean for you? If you have a person designated to implement and follow up with a background in code, then it shouldn’t be a problem. However, that does mean you’ll rely heavily on an implementor.
Customization is limited
Ustiful allows you to customize with colors and fonts, but not much more than that.
You’ll have to stick with the templates it offers and customization options. If you want to keep it simple then it’ll do the trick, but if you want to offer a more personalized and brand-specific experience to your users, you might find it a bit limiting.
Limited personalization and segmentation
Reviews have mentioned that the segmentation features offered by Usetiful are limited. That means there’s less control over creating a personalized and tailored experience.
While there is workaround, it requires coding and know-how. Not ideal for flexibility and continuous optimization from a non-tech team.
You can try Usetiful for free, and they offer different pricing tiers
G2 Rating: 4.7/5
Capterra Rating: 4.7/5
If you’re looking for an onboarding software tool similar to Ustiful, we’ve narrowed down the three most relevant alternatives:
- Product Fruits
Each of these Usetiful alternatives platforms offers a full range of onboarding elements, customization, and are no-code solutions.
We’ll go over the pros and cons of each platform using reviews from each Capterra and G2 so that you can find your best fit.
Product Fruits vs. Ustiful
Product Fruits is the full onboarding and product adoption toolbox. It comes with all the onboarding elements, customization, and support all in a no-code solution.
It works with a Google Chrome extension and easy editor to curate personalized and delightful user onboarding experiences.
Yes, this is our own product, but we’re only using real thoughts from real clients. You can check out their thoughts for yourself here.
(Image source: Product Fruits)
Pros of Product Fruits
- Full range of onboarding elements and consistent updates: Product Fruits offers the full range of onboarding elements to improve conversion rates and retention. And, users continuously compliment the constant updates and new features Product Frutis offers to their clients.
- High customization options: Easy tool to customize elements to match and enhance your brand
- Easy-to-use and set up in a day:
Here’s what one client reviewed:
“What stands out most about Product Fruits is its exceptional ease of use and intuitive interface. When I started using the platform, I found it incredibly straightforward to navigate and implement within my workflow. The user-friendly design minimizes the learning curve, allowing me and my team to get up to speed quickly.”
- Quick and helpful support team: The support team works really hard to make sure all clients are achieving their onboarding goals. All the reviews share how supportive and caring the team is continuously.
We have the highest g2 ranking compared to all competitors, and take great pride in providing a successful onboarding journey.
Considerations of Product Fruits
- Analytics: While Product Fruits does offer some analytics to users, the platform is best used with other supportive analytic tools.
Product Fruits integrates with most tools, which makes it easy for you to choose your preferred analytics software.
Price: Product Fruits offers three tiers of pricing, starting with the core plan at $89/month and their Boost plan at $149. Marketing Product Fruits an option to have all the features you need, without breaking the bank. See full details here.
G2 rating: 4.8/5
Capterra rating: 4.8/5
UserGuiding vs. Ustiful
Another alternative to consider is UserGuiding. UserGuiding is an onboarding platform that also works with a Google Chrome extension that allows you to incorporate onboarding elements onto your platform.
(Image Source: UserGuiding)
Pros of UserGuiding
Based on customer reviews from Capterra and G2, here are the real benefits their customers feel:
- No-code solution: No code is required to get surveys, tours, and checklists running. This is helpful for teams that might not have the resources to dedicate developers to create onboarding flows.
- User-friendly: UserGuiding has a reputation for being very user-friendly and easy to use.
- Budget-friendly: For small businesses or start-ups, the basic plan is affordable and offers features to kickstart a comprehensive onboarding flow.
Considerations of UserGuiding
- Only for web applications or platforms: UserGuiding works for web applications, but as of date does not offer a solution for mobile apps.
- Analytics come with conditions: Analytics are a bit more limited compared to other solutions and vary depending on the plan you choose.
- For small businesses looking to optimize their onboarding with data and using the basic plan, the data available might be limited and supplemented with other analytic tools.
- Limited basic plan: Their basic plan is limited in terms of what they offer. For example, you can only have two checklists and there is no language localization. If you want to have more personalized checklists or even have ownership of administration and role management, that means you need to upgrade to the Professional plan– which is significantly more expensive.
- Dedicated Customer Support Manager depends on the plan you choose: As of when this article was written, there is no dedicated customer support manager on the basic plan: For small businesses that might need a little extra customer support, they would have to update to the professional plan or use the help center or chat.
Price: Offer different pricing plans and features starting at $89/month. See full price here.
G2 rating: 4.6/5
Capterra rating: 4.7/5
UserPilot vs. Ustiful
UserPilot offers a broad range of onboarding elements, such as walkthroughs, checklists, resource centers, tooltips, and surveys. Out of all the Usetiful alternatives, UserPilot is the most expensive.
(Image source: UserPilot)
Pros of UserPilot
Based on reviews, here are the most common advantages UserPilot offers.
- Helpful and fast user support: UserPilot has great reviews for user support that have been praised for being reliable and speedy.
- User segmentation and custom rules: UserPilot offers customizable rules to create personalized onboarding flows and tailored experiences
- Product customization: UserPilot offers the ability to customize elements to stay in line with the brand
- Can be a tad more technical: Some reviews say that UserPilot might require a bit more technical knowledge and has a steep learning curve at the start. If you don’t have someone dedicated to learning and understanding the platform it can be a bit tricky to take advantage of all it has to offer.
- Price is higher: Compared to alternatives, Userpilot is on the expensive side. Comparing UserPilot to Usetiful, Usetiful offers free plans and a plus plan at $39/month. UserPilot starts at $249, but both offer the same tools as its alternatives.
- EU Data Hosting limitation: For those concerned with EU data hosting, UserPilot only offers EU data hosting on their Growth plan (starting at $499/month) which is another price tier to consider.
Price: UserPilot offers different tier prices, starting from $249, see full price details here.
G2 rating: 4.6/5
Capterra rating: 4.5/5
The right software depends on your needs
When choosing your user onboarding platform, it’s important to take into account a few key things:
- Long-term product growth and feature availability: You want to be sure that platforms offer constant updates and new features so that your onboarding is never a step behind.
- Support team efficiency: When you face a pinch, you want the security to know that your team will have all the support they need.
- Budget: The higher your Monthly Active Users, the more likely your price will change. You need to be comfortable with your investment choice.
These three factors will influence whether or not a software is a right fit for you.
Try Product Fruits for free, with no card, coding, or commitment required.
Or, talk to our user onboarding specialists for tailored advice based on your company’s needs.